Rebecca’s passion for filmmaking began during covid when she started making wildlife films with her dad in their garden. During lockdown the two of them made three award-winning wildlife documentary films. This sparked something in Rebecca, and she knew in her heart she wanted to be a filmmaker.
At the time she was studying BA, Art and Design, and as part of her coursework she decided to turn her Art into film. She then went on to make a western which won 50 awards and was released on DVD in 2023. She’s now studying MA in Filmmaking at Sheffield Hallam.
She’s already made a number of award-winning short films and done work as a location Marshall on Meet the Richardson’s. She is now looking at other opportunities to further her career within in the film and tv industry.
Awards & Credits
– Festival 2023 Winner January Award, Best Student Short Film, The World According to Barry the Bauble
– 2023 Winner January Award, Best Director, The World According to Barry the Bauble, Makizhmithran International Film Festival
– 2023 Winner Special Mention Award, Best Micro Short Film, In Other News
– Rohip International Film Festival, 2023 Winner Best Micro Short Film, Best Micro Short Film, In Other News
– 2022 Winner Special Jury Award, Best Editor, A Dollar to Die For,Sittannavasal International Film Festival
– 2023 Winner April Award, Best Editor. In Other News
– 2021 Winner Certificate of Award, Best Poster Art, A Snowy Christmas, Istanbul Film Awards